If an item you have checked out is not returned or renewed by midnight three days after its due date, you will begin to accrue fines. If your fines exceed $10, your card will be blocked and you will not be able use it.
NEW! Items shelved in the Children's and Teen areas will not accrue overdue fines. Lost and damage fees do apply.
List of Fines:
- Music CDs
If you've lost an item, follow these steps
- Do NOT purchase a replacement book, we do not accept them in lieu of payment. Most books we receive are pre-processed for the library with covers, labels, cataloging and any other processing completed. Books provided by patrons would not have this work done and would incur additional time and expense.
- Call the library at (719) 531-6333 to let us know the item has been lost. We will let you know the cost of the item and the bill will appear in your account.
- You can pay online with a credit card or in person at the library.
Things to know
- Items that are 21 days overdue are automatically billed to your account as lost materials.
- Accounts that have $25 or more in bills go to a collection agency when the items are seven weeks overdue. You will then be charged an additional $10 referral fee to cover the cost incurred by PPLD.
- If you find and return the item, the bill will be cancelled and replaced with the applicable overdue fine.
You can pay fines by cash, check, or credit card.
By cash or check:
- In person at any library location
By credit card (fines exceeding $2.50 only):
- In person at certain library locations with card readers
- Online in the Bills portion of My Account. Click on the "Pay my bills" link and follow the instructions.