Click Here to Donate Online Now!
ALL donations go directly to the Friends of Pikes Peak Library District
OR: To donate via mail, please make checks payable to Friends of PPLD and mail to
Friends of PPLD
5550 N. Union Blvd.
Colorado Springs CO 80918-1950
The Friends of the Library greatly appreciate and depend on your donations to resell in our Friends’ bookstores and booksales. Your donations are converted into financial support for PPLD programs and projects. As our library district continues to expand, our individual libraries must find new and innovative ways to serve the community while dealing with the challenges of space constraints and increased patronage.
Please read our Book Donation Policy below for more information.
Book Donation Policy
To help with the flow of materials, we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
- Donations need to be in non-returnable boxes weighing 30 lbs or less.
- No more than 5 boxes should be donated at a time.
- If possible, please make donations to East and Penrose Libraries after 1:00 pm.
- If help is needed with a donation, please call 531-6333 X1008 or X2460, or email us at friends(at)ppld(dot)org to make arrangements.
- Please check here for updates on our donation policies
We appreciate receiving books in gently used condition in the following categories:
- Fiction and nonfiction, both hardcover and paperback
- Math and Science
- Reference sources such as dictionaries
- Literature and Classics
- Crafts and Hobbies
- Children and Young Adult
Computer books and textbooks must be newer than 5 years old.
Magazines should be one year old or newer.
These items cannot be accepted and resold:
- National Geographic magazines
- Readers Digest magazines or condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets
- Mildewed, water or smoke damaged items
- VHS Tapes
Thank you for your donations! Your support helps us to accomplish the Friends of the Library vision “that every person in our community values the critical role of the Pikes Peak Library District for the common good.”
Private and Commercial Donations
Private and commercial donations are welcome. For more information, contact us or telephone the Friends Coordinator of Book Sales/Volunteers at 531-6333 x1008.