East Library - map it!
Fountain Library - map it!
High Prairie Library - map it!
Library 21c - map it!
Monument Library - map it!
Penrose Library - map it!
Rockrimmon Library - map it!
Ruth Holley Library - map it!
Sand Creek Library - map it!
Tim Gill Center - map it!
Public Use of Meeting Rooms
The Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) has meeting rooms available for public use. The District’s meeting rooms are designed to offer accommodations for educational, informational, cultural, and civic functions of the Colorado Springs and El Paso County community.
This is a brief overview on meeting rooms. Please see the full policy for complete details.
Use of the meeting rooms by outside agencies does not constitute the Library’s endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in programs.
Reservations, Scheduling and Responsibilities
- Reservations may be made by adults (18 years or older). Reservations made with a PPLD library card are preferred. In lieu of a library card, contact information (number of attendees, organization, contact person’s name, primary phone number, email address and program description) must be entered.
- Use of the Library’s meeting rooms is free. A cleaning and/or carpet cleaning fee may be levied if rooms are not left clean.
- Requests for the use of meeting rooms can be made by contacting the Meeting Room Coordinator or calling (719) 884-9827.
- Time limits must be adhered to. Meeting preparations and take down must be made within the overall meeting room availability timeframes.
- Meetings sponsored by the public will be scheduled during the hours that the Library is open for public service. Meeting sponsors and attendees will not be admitted to the facility before it is open to the public nor be allowed to remain in the facility after it is closed to public service. Meeting rooms can be reserved from the beginning of open hours to 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Remaining in meeting rooms beyond the reserved time may result in denial of future reservations.
- Cancellations will be accepted from the original applicant only.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any meeting or reservation due to unforeseen circumstances, such as building or weather-related emergency
- The Library reserves the right to stop meetings that are disruptive to normal Library operations or other programming events.
- Cancellations should be made at least 3 business days before the reservation time.
- The meeting rooms may not be reserved for social gatherings such as receptions, showers, birthday parties, dances, mixers, or additional events. Please see the full policy for complete details.
- The meeting rooms are to be left as they were found. No additional furniture or equipment other than that already available in the room will be provided.
- Room capacities vary. The Library will limit the capacity of each room based on current fire code requirements. See room descriptions for specific information.
- Children under the age of eight (8) must not be left unattended during meetings. See PPLD's Safe Child Guidelines.
- Arts and crafts in a meeting room must be pre-approved. Table coverings are required to be brought by groups that use crayons, glue, markers and/or any other materials in the room. A minimum $50 fee will be charged for any damage.
- Light refreshments may be served (coffee, doughnuts, cookies, fruit, etc.). Simple box lunches, prepackaged food and catered food are allowed. The Library provides a list of suggested caterers. Alcoholic beverages and open flames are not permitted.
- If cleaning is required, a minimum $50 charge will be assessed.