To support, promote, and advocate for the Pikes Peak Library District’s dynamic and evolving role.
Expand and enhance the Pikes Peak Library District’s ability to positively impact our community.
The Friends of the Pikes Peak Library District was established on the 50th anniversary of the Colorado Springs Public Library (March 11, 1955) and incorporated in 1969 as a nonprofit organization. The Friends is a constant advocate for the Library. Today, with over 1000 members (like you!), the Friends sponsors and supports numerous programs and events to further the enjoyment of reading and love for books for all individuals. The Friends of the PPLD are best known for their volunteerism, their bookstores in each library (you never know what you will find in the ever-changing inventory of previously-read books and magazines) and, of course, the bi-annual Friends Book Sales. Do you love books, reading and libraries? Have you considered becoming involved in your community? One easy step covers it all! JOIN THE FRIENDS NOW!
What do Friends do?
Without your support there are not enough dollars in the budget to fund all the exciting, involving, and inspiring programs the residents of El Paso County need and deserve. Some of the programs the Friends of the PPLD currently sponsor or support are:
- Literary Awards - Frank Waters and Golden Quill
- Mountain of Authors
- Latina Voices
In 2022, Friends of the PPLD has committed to financially support the following PPLD Community needs:
- Workforce Development - Food Industry Training
- Children's Summer Adventure
- Regional History Symposium
- Annual All Pikes Peak Reads
- PPLD Staff Professional Development Needs
- Publish a quarterly newsletter with original content, fun activities and PPLD tips,
- Are advocates for our library district and libraries,
- Host special events, receptions, and programs,
- Communicate with state and local elected officials about library issues,
- Offer to speak with groups about the library district and its work,
- Participate in PPLD volunteer opportunities,
- Operate bookstores and book sale areas at libraries,
- Hold bi- annual book sales, generally Spring and Fall, and
- Attend community events to promote PPLD
Board of Directors
Rita Jordan, President
Aida Richardson, Vice-President
Susan Gilbert, Treasurer
Tim Wolken, Secretary
Dr. Birdie Miller
Beth Crumrine – Operations Coordinator
Pamela Gomez Gil
Mary Jo Schraml
Monthly on the second Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. Dates and locations to be announced. Application for Board of Directors - Revision Dated March 2022 (Volunteer Position) Bylaws - As Amended October 1, 2018
The Minutes of Board of Directors Meetings, Annual Membership Meeting, and Financial Statements are available upon request.