We depend on support from generous individuals like you to accomplish our vision to “Expand and enhance the Pikes Peak Library District’s ability to positively impact our community.”
100% of your monetary donation is tax-deductible and goes directly to the Friends of Pikes Peak Library District.
We offer two easy ways to send in your charitable donation:
- Online via credit or debit cards. Please click here:
- By check. Please make payable to Friends of the PPLD and mail to:
Friends of the PPLD
5550 N. Union Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80918-1950
The Friends of the Library appreciate and depend on your donations to resell in our Friends’ bookstores and book sales. Your donations of saleable books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and electronic games are converted into financial support for PPLD programs and projects. We appreciate receiving items in gently used condition in the following categories:
- Fiction and nonfiction, both hardcover and paperback
- Math and Science
- Literature and Classics
- Crafts and Hobbies
- Children and Young Adult
- Computer books and textbooks, newer than 5 years old
- Magazines, one year old or newer
- DVDs and BluRays
- Music CDs
- Audio Books on CD
- Video games (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation, etc.)
Thank you, but no thank you:
These items CANNOT be accepted:
- National Geographic magazines
- Readers Digest magazines or condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets
- Mildewed, soiled, water or smoke damaged items
- VHS Tapes
PLEASE NOTE: To help with the flow of materials, we ask that you please follow these guidelines, according to the size of your donation:
Donations of up to one grocery-sized bag at a time may be dropped off with an attendant at our bookstores during the following times without an appointment:
- East Library: Mon. - Sat., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Library 21c: Mon., Wed., Fri., Sat., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Penrose Library: Tues., Thu., and Sat., 10 a.m. to Noon
Other Library locations have different arrangements. Please call the location for further information. Manitou Springs and Ruth Holley libraries do not have active Friends groups and therefore are currently unable to accept any donations.
We offer Curbside Service for donation drop-offs of up to 5 boxes per visit at East Library every Saturday between 10 a.m. and Noon at the southeast corner of the building.
Appointments are available for large donations between 5 and 10 boxes per visit.
As a kindness to our volunteers, please package your donation in boxes each weighing 25 pounds or less. For storage purposes, we prefer boxes similar in size and volume to a standard "bankers box."
Should you wish to retain a record of your materials donation, we offer this Book Donation Form.