One Book Colorado gives away copies of the same book title to each four year old in the state via public libraries.
The program, in its ninth year, stems from the idea that providing young children with access to books promotes early literacy skills and helps families serve as their children’s first teachers.
From April 13-26, any four year old can pick up a free book from any PPLD Library. There will be English and Spanish versions available (while supplies last).
This is a state-wide initiative to emphasize the importance of early literacy and reading to children. The 2020 winning book will be announced April 13! The contenders are:
- The Greatest Adventure [La aventura más grande] by Tony Piedra
- The Little Red Fort [El fuertecito rojo] by Brenda Maier
- The Very Impatient Caterpillar [La oruga muy impaciente] by Ross Burach
Join us for One Book Colorado Storytimes:
- April 16 at 10 a.m. at High Prairie Library
- April 17 at 10:30 a.m. at Old Colorado City Library
- April 21 at 9:30 a.m. at Library 21c
- April 21 at 10:30 a.m. at Monument Library
- April 23 at 10:30 a.m. at Cheyenne Mountain Library
- April 23 at 10:30 a.m. at Manitou Springs Library
- April 24 at 10:30 a.m. at Rockrimmon Library
- April 25 at 10:30 a.m. at Ute Pass Library
- April 25 at 2 p.m. at Penrose Library