The results are in!
The Betty Field Youth Memorial Writing Contest, sponsored by the Friends of Pikes Peak Library District, is writing contest for youth in grades 6-12 that focuses on mystery stories.
This year, 90 students submitted stories to the contest. These submissions were judged anonymously by volunteers from the Friends of the Library and Pikes Peak Library District staff, who entered over 400 scores for the stories!
- 1st place: "Pluto Found Missing" by Madalynn Moorhead
- 2nd place: "Friend or Foe?" by Tristan Kumar
- 3rd place: "The Girl Erased from Time" by Hudson Sheperd
- 1st place: "Scootered" by Jace Baehman
- 2nd place: "The Dissociative Killer" by Raina Seybert
- 3rd place: "The Case of the Cullinan Diamond" Daniel Bloomfield
- 1st place: "Buried Memories" by Isabelle McNett
- 2nd place: "A Walk in the Woods" by Marian Griffiths
- 3rd place: "A Hole in the Roof" by Cannon Lockburner
9th and 10th Grade:
- 1st place: "Provocation" by Elaine Zou
- 2nd place: "Blue Girls and Zombie Kits" by Riley Ferl
- 3rd place: "The Ridge" by Angel Jimenez
11th and 12th Grade:
- 1st place: "The Puppetmaster" by Sierra Montgomery
- 2nd place: "Mystery of the Missing Happiness" by Evelyn Peake
- 3rd place: "An Odious Case" by Christian Alvis
Winners will be contacted via email with information about their prizes.