We want to wish our 16th Annual Teen Art Contest winners a huge congratulations!
These teen artists were chosen by their fellow teens and PPLD staff. They were honored at an award ceremony in March at East Library.
To enter our 17th Annual Teen Art Contest, watch out for the announcement coming in late 2023.
Best in Show
Vista Ridge High School
"The Treasure of Memories"
Watercolors, watercolor pencils, and metallic watercolor
High School – First Place
TCA College Pathways
"Words Come to Life"
High School – Second Place
Fountain Fort Carson High School
"A Newborn Star’s Trip Down Memory Lanes"
Middle School – First Place
Acrylic paint on canvas
Middle School – Second Place
Evangelical Christian Academy
Watercolors, colored pencils, and acrylic paint
Coordinator’s Choice – Middle School
Mountain Ridge Middle School
“Memories in Bronze”
Pencil, Pen, & Marker on Paper
Coordinator’s Choice – Middle School
Horizon Middle School
“My Mind's Eye”
Acrylic on Canvas
Coordinator’s Choice – High School
St. Mary's High School
“Day in the Woods”
Have an adventure with Pikes Peak Library District this summer! 2023 Summer Adventure presented by Children’s Hospital Colorado helps kids and teens stay engaged and active over the summer months. We know you’re looking for engaging ideas for activities, and we are here to help!
Anyone ages 0 - 18 can participate and win prizes through reading, moving, and imagining. Either participate in one of our programs or use one of our activity ideas!
Finished with the program? Please take our survey and answer a few questions to make next year’s program even better!
June 1 – July 31, 2023
Click here or download the app to get signed up!
Activities and Programs for KIDS and TWEENS! (Ages 0 - 12)
Activities and Programs for TEENS! (Ages 12 - 18)
Click here for group registration information. Group registration is NOT recommended for families. A group must be five or more participants. Have more questions about Beanstack? Email email@example.com.
Be in the know: Sign up!
Receive a reminder email at the start of Summer Adventure and throughout June and July for summer programs, activities, and more for ages 0 - 18. You can unsubscribe at any time.
How to play
- Register on Beanstack at ppld.beanstack.org, on the app, or in person at a Library location and receive a prize!
- Complete 30 days of activities (either Read, Move, or Imagine) from June 1 through July 31.
- Track your progress by filling in a spot on the game card or log a day in Beanstack for each day you complete an activity.
- Receive a second prize when you’ve completed 30 days of activities.
If you need assistance, call (719) 531-6333 or visit ppld.org/ask
Enliven your Zoom or other virtual conversations with Summer Adventure digital backgrounds: Download below!
At registration, ages 0 - 11 can choose a book and ages 12 - 18 can select a book or a journal as their registration prize. After logging 30 days of reading and/or activities, ages 0 - 3 receive a bath toy, ages 4 - 11 receive a reading award medal, and ages 12 - 18 receive a second book or journal.
PPLD is excited to announce that patrons will be able to use a certain number of supplies for free when they visit a Library
makerspace. Whether you want to engrave a family photo on the laser cutter, 3D print a replacement part for your vacuum cleaner, or just learn how to use an embroidery machine, there will be materials available for you to use to test out your designs and explore the space.
In every session, you will have access to:
- $1 worth (20 grams) of 3D printing.*
- 1 piece of wood for the laser cutter (6”x12”).
- 5 buttons for the button maker.
- 1 piece of wood for the CNC.
- 2 sheets of embroidery backing for the embroidery machine.
- 1 sheet of vinyl for the Silhouette Cameo or Curio die cutters.
*This amount is calculated from the standard $0.05 per gram rate for printing. Anything over that amount will be charged at the usual $0.05 per gram rate.
PPLD’s makerspaces can be found at:
- Library 21c: Make and Make II
- East Library: Make at East
- Sand Creek Library: Make at Sand Creek
- Manitou Springs Library: Make at Manitou Springs (Note: This does not apply to the Manitou Art Center’s makerspace.)
We hope to see you soon!
Looking for games to play while apart from friends or family? Check out these free digital games, multi-player video games, and role-playing game resources!
Digital board games
- Board Game Arena - Website with 175 board games that can be played in real time or as slowly as one move every other day if you can’t be online with other players at the same time. Some games must be started by a player with a paid account.
- Dominion Online - Play the original deckbuilding game in your browser, on your own or with up to 5 other players.
- Online Pictionary-style game - Play with up to 11 other friends! Choose how many rounds to play (each player draws once in each round), how long players have to draw, and even make your own list of words people will be drawing.
- Scattergories Online - Scattergories in your browser - allows you to choose categories, number and length of rounds, and send the link to friends
- Tabletopia - Website with over 800 board games in sandbox setups (the game will not tell you if you do something incorrectly). Some games may only be played with a paid account.
Print and play games
- Distance gaming guide from Board Game Geek - This guide includes information on games you can play remotely if one person owns a copy of the board game and print and plays, including some from game publishers, including Cards Against Humanity: Family Edition and demo versions of a number of games from Asmodee.
- PNPArcade - This catalog of print and play games includes nearly 100 for free.
Role-playing game resources
- D&D Beyond - Create a Dungeons and Dragons character in your browser and connect them to a campaign with your party. This can replace a paper character sheet - track spell slots and hit points, level, take a short or long rest, etc.
- DriveThruRPG - This RPG store offers thousands of items, including core rulebooks and adventures in a variety of rule systems, for free or pay what you want.
- Dungeons and Dragons material from Wizards of the Coast - New content is added daily, Monday through Friday, for Adventurer’s League players, new players, and families alike.
- Roll20 - Online virtual tabletop for role-playing games, including maps, assets, and chat. A number of adventure modules are available for free.
Multiplayer video games
- Mobile only
- Mario Kart Tour - Race against your friends.
- QuizUp - Test your knowledge against a friend in more than a thousand categories.
- Song Pop 2 - Be the first to identify the song or artist from a short clip.
- Words with Friends 2 - Test your vocab against a friend in this Scrabble-like app.
- PC only
- Card Hunter - Lead a party on a fantasy adventure, using cards based on the items you equip. Multiplayer is available after the introductory adventure. Available in browser or through Steam.
- League of Legends - Choose your champion and work with your four teammates to destroy the opposing team's Nexus.
- Runescape - Explore and go questing in the fantasy world of Gielinor - this is the world's largest free MMORPG.
- Multiple platforms
- Brawhalla - This Super Smash Bros.-like game is available on Nintendo Switch, PC through Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with crossplay between platforms. There are a number of modes available, and games run up to 8 players.
- Dauntless - Become a Slayer, hunting more and more powerful Behemoths, either solo or with up to four players. Available on Nintendo Switch, PC through Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with crossplay between platforms.
- Fortnite - The uber popular battle royale is available on mobile, Nintendo Switch, PC through Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Realm Royale - This fantasy battle royale has you pick a class, lets you craft items at forges around the map, and when you die... you become a chicken. If you can survive as a chicken for 30 seconds, you're back in! Available on Nintendo Switch, PC through Discord or Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.