Watch this project at: https://youtu.be/VzCjt-OQf_s?list=PLMEg2Dd0dSFctLfDQxsL5SmuE8zkwQFmu
- Action figure template (in kit)
- Guided drawing sheet (in kit)
- Colored cardstock (half sheets) (in kit)
- White drawing paper (in kit)
- Bubble wrap (in kit)
- Packing peanuts (in kit)
- Markers (colors and a black permanent)
- Tempera or acrylic paints (optional)
Drawing the Figures (Two Different Ways)
- Cut out your templates and use them to trace the figures onto colored cardstock. Cut out your colored cardstock figures. These are the figures you’ll use in your project.
- Or … use the guided drawing sheet to draw your own figures on the colored cardstock and cut them out. You can also draw from observation (looking at the figures) and your imagination!
*You might want to start with pencil, but be sure to go over your outlines using a black marker that makes a bold line. Cut near the outside edge of the black line.
Create the Background (Three Ideas)
The white drawing sheet is the background paper. You can use markers or paints to create the background.
- Draw a line across the paper, starting about a hand’s width from the bottom. Make it bold using a black marker. This is the foreground. You can use markers or paint to fill in the foreground and background (above the line) using two contrasting colors. You could also add a simple design in the foreground, like Keith Haring … black dash marks or a black line doodle design.
- Or … using a craft paint (tempera or acrylic), paint the sheet of bubble wrap. A primary color makes this Pop Art POP! Carefully lay the blank white sheet of drawing paper on top of the bubble wrap and gently “massage.” Be careful not to let the paper slide around. Carefully lift the paper off the bubble wrap and set aside to dry.
- Or … try making a black line “doodle” design that covers the solid white paper, another Keith Haring favorite.