Take and Makes for these projects will be available at area PPLD Libraries starting this Friday, Nov. 6, 2020.
- Bottle cap
- “I Voted” sticker
- Blank sticker
- Epoxy sticker
- Circle or square magnet
- Blank business card
- Rectangular magnet
Supplies needed (from home):
- Markers or colored pencils
Watch the “how to” video on PPLD TV: https://youtu.be/GPgX1oKgfNE?list=PLMEg2Dd0dSFctLfDQxsL5SmuE8zkwQFmu
Bottle Cap Magnets:
- Choose if you want to use the “I Voted” sticker or design your own. If you would like to design your own sticker, do so on the blank white sticker (not the clear, thick sticker).
- Peel off one sticker and stick to the inside of the bottle cap.
- Peel off the epoxy sticker (the clear, thick sticker) and place on top of the first sticker inside of the bottle cap. Press down to make sure it is stuck tight.(Avoid touching the back of the sticker as it will leave fingerprints.)
- Peel the adhesive backing off the small round or square magnet. Stick the magnet to the back of the bottle cap.
- Decorate the blank business card. You can design it however you want. Some ideas include drawing a mini poster for your favorite fictional character or writing out words on the business card to make magnetic poetry.
- If you decide to make magnetic poetry, start by drawing 4 light pencil lines on your business card. Then write out election day themed words with colored markers. Be sure to include some articles (a,an,the), some descriptive words, overreactions, and some nouns (like people, animals, places, or things). Your imagination is the limit! (Only decorate one side of the business card).
- Peel off the back of the rectangular magnet and stick it to the back of the decorated business card. You now have a fridge magnet! If you decided to create magnetic poetry, use a pair of scissors to cut out each individual word,then arrange them into funny or meaningful poetry phrases.
Want to share your creations? Tag us on Facebook @ppldteens or @ppldkids.