Take and Makes for this project will be available at area libraries beginning, Friday, August 6, 2021. Be sure to check out Free Comic Book Day on Saturday, August 14!
Materials and Instructions:
- Scissors (you provide)
- Bam! and Pow! icons (found on PDF below)
- Epoxy sticker (clear & round)
- Magnet with adhesive sticker
- Cut out a “Bam!” or “Pow!” icon found in the PDF linked below. There are two of each icon on this sheet in case you make a mistake! Or, cut out a 1" circle and decorate it.
- Place your icon face up on the table. Take the backing off the clear plastic epoxy sticker and press the sticky side to the top of the colorful side of the icon. You want to be able to see the icon through the sticker. If there is a piece of plastic on the non-sticky side of the epoxy sticker, peel it off and discard.
- If the magnet has a separate adhesive sticker, peel the paper backing off one side of the double-sided adhesive sticker and attach to the magnet. If the adhesive sticker is already attached, skip this step.
- Remove the backing from the sticker attached to the magnet and stick the magnet to the back of the paper circle.
- Congrats you have a magnet! Repeat for the second magnet.