Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) utilizes its websites and social media platforms to connect with its patrons by informing them of Library services and providing a forum for public feedback. All such sites will have prior authorization from PPLD’s Communications Office to act as official PPLD sites and will be branded in accordance with PPLD standards.
PPLD recognizes and respects differences in opinion. Comments, posts, and messages are welcome and will be reviewed. Content deemed inappropriate may be removed. However, PPLD is not obligated to take any such actions, and will not be responsible or liable for content posted by users of our sites or social media platforms.
- Guidelines: Inappropriate Content
The following will be considered inappropriate:
- Obscene content
- Offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups, including terms whose use would violate PPLD’s nondiscrimination policies
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
- Photos and hyperlinks to material that are not directly related to the discussion
- Commercial promotions, spam, political campaigning or lobbying, or proselytizing
- Fraudulence, including impersonating someone else or misrepresentations
- Anything that violates laws or Library policies
- Privacy Information
The Library takes very seriously the issue of patron privacy. We ask all patrons, especially minors, using services on our website or on websites affiliated with the Library to limit the amount of personal information they provide. We do not ask for more personal information from children than is necessary to participate, and we encourage parents and caregivers to tell their children about the importance of (i) not revealing personal information online and (ii) asking for permission before giving their last name or personal information to any website.
- Third-Party Vendor Services
PPLD enters into agreements with third parties to provide online services, digital collections, and streaming media content, as well as to improve our website. When using some of these services, you may also connect with social networks and other users of these services.
Third-party services may gather and disclose your information, including:
- Personally identifiable (PI) information you knowingly provide, including when you register for the site, provide feedback and suggestions, request information, or create shared content;
- Other information that could be used to identify you, such as your IP address, search history, location-based data, and device ID;
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as your ad views, analytics, browser information (type and language), cookie data, date/time of your request, demographic data, hardware/software type, interaction data, serving domains, pageviews and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the site; and
Please direct inquiries about this policy to PPLD’s Communications Office.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 7/9/19; Procedural Updates by Management 6/11/20