Most titles in PPLD's collection can be placed on hold. You will need to place a hold if the title is checked out or if it's available but at a different location.
How to Place a Hold
- Search the Catalog for the title.
- On the results list, there will be a "Place Hold" button to the right of the title.
- OR you ca click on the title and the "Place Hold" button will be on the right in the details window. What's neat about this is you can see the number of holds and the number of copies.
- If you are logged into the Catalog, you will be prompted to select a pick-up library.
- If you aren't logged in, you will be prompted for your library card and PIN as well as the pick-up library.
- Click "Place Hold" and then "OK" and you're good to go.
- Your Library and Digital Holds can be viewed in the Holds section of “My Account.”
How to Suspend a Hold
You can suspend Library holds that are not available yet. You still rise up the hold queue when the hold is suspended, but it doesn’t become available until the “unsuspend” date.
Here's how you do it:
- Log in to My Account.
- Click on the Holds tab to view Library holds.
- Select the title you'd like to suspend and click the "Suspend Hold(s)" button at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the start and end dates for the suspension.
- To cancel your hold suspension, select the title you'd like to unsuspend and click the "Cancel Hold Suspension(s)" button at the bottom of the list.