Celebrate Native American Heritage and learn more about Native American culture and history with programs and resources at PPLD!
Seven Falls Indian Dancers
Seven Falls Indian Dancers are a family dance troupe representing four generations of dancers. They present educational and entertaining Native American dances including the Eagle and Hoop Dances. All ages welcome.
- Gale eBooks - Native Americans
- Freegal Music
- The Horace S. Poley Photographs Collection
This is a major collection of photographic images of Native Americans in the southwestern United States. Included are images of the Fiesta of San Geronimo at Taos, the Snake Dance of the Hopi, Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado, Bandelier National Monument in New Mexico and the Dedication of the Ute Pass Indian Trail in 1912.
- Digital Collections
Search our Digital Collections for more photographs! We recommend using search terms like, “Native American,” “Indian,” and “Ute.”
- Reference and Special Collections Materials (Catalog)
- American Indians in Children's Literature Dr. Debbie Reese of Nambé Pueblo, American Indians in Children's Literature (AICL) provides critical analysis of Indigenous peoples in children's and young adult books.
- Native American Heritage Month - Library of Congress (All Ages)
- Native American Heritage Month - National Parks Service (All Ages)
- Celebrate Native American Heritage Month - U.S. Department of the Interior