We’ve all found ourselves in a difficult situation and we aren’t always sure where to turn. Pikes Peak Library District offers community resources across the District. Our Community Resources Specialists are here to help you navigate and connect with services by providing referrals and information to get the help you need for your specific situation. Reach out and meet with a Community Resource Specialist at the Library most convenient to you, or contact them by phone or email. We are happy to support you in finding the best resources for you and your needs.
Contact PPLD's Community Resources Supervisor - Kayla Rockhold
- By phone: w: (719) 531-6333, x2506; m: (719) 233-3321
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By webform: https://ppld.org/contact-us?option-value=56
Contact PPLD's Community Resources Specialist - Nikki Flemate
- By phone: w: (719) 531-6333, x2508; m: (719) 463-8454
- By email: email@example.com
Community Resources Drop-in Hours
- Calhan Library: 1st Wednesday of the month 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cheyenne Mountain Library: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- East Library: 1st Friday of the month 10 a.m. – noon
- Fountain Library: 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Library 21c: 3rd Friday of the month 10 a.m. – noon
- Manitou Springs Library: 1st Wednesday of the month 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monument Library: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Old Colorado City Library: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month 10 a.m. – noon
- Penrose Library: Mondays 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Rockrimmon Library: 4th Monday of the month 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Ruth Holley Library: Tuesdays 9 a.m. – noon
- Sand Creek Library: Mondays 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Common questions from our patrons include
- How to replace personal documents (ID, birth certificate, social security card, etc)
- How to find affordable housing
- How to go about applying for disability
- Where to receive specific services like mental health, medical, or substance use treatment
- Mental Health Crisis: 988 (call or text)
- Colorado Crisis Services: 1-844-493-8255
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-787-3244
- Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255
- The Salvation Army RJMC (serving families) (719) 578-9190
- Springs Rescue Mission (serving adults 18 and over) (719) 632-1822
- The Place (serving youth ages 15-20) (719) 630-3223
- TESSA (serving survivors of domestic violence) (719) 633-3819
- Helping Hands Guide
- Eviction Information
- Apply for Medicaid, Childcare, and Food Assistance
- Tough Topics
Note: PPLD’s Community Resources Supervisor is not a case manager or case worker.