- Item limit – The number of Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and purchase requests allowed per library card is five active requests. This number includes ILL items that are checked out and ILL/purchase requests in processing.
- Wait time – The average wait time to fulfill interlibrary loan or purchase requests is three to six weeks
New to ILL and Purchase Requests?
- Set up a Request It account. Enter your PPLD library card number (your card needs to start with a number “4” to access this service) and PIN to register.
Place a request
Follow these steps to place an ILL or Purchase Request:
- Search the Library Catalog first to see if PPLD owns the item
- Not in our catalog? Search WorldCat-Discovery to find the item you would like to request
- Click the title for more information
- Click on the blue "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan" button
- Enter your PPLD library card number and PIN
- Make sure all required fields are filled out
- Click the "Submit Request" button
Manage your requests
You can now track and manage your ILL and Purchase Requests through Request It.
- Login to your Request It account.
- Check on the status of an existing item or request an ILL renewal.
- Can't find an item in WorldCat? Login to your Request It account to fill out an Item, Article, or Microfilm request form.
- Titles requested must not be older than two years from original publication date. Titles that were published/released within the last two years will be reviewed by collection management according to our collection development policy.
- Purchase requests for pre-release titles will be canceled. Please check the catalog around the publication date and submit your request if you can't find the title in the catalog.
- For general questions, check our FAQ.
- For interlibrary loan related inquiries, please contact Interlibrary Loan staff or call (719) 531-6333, x2317, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.