Pikes Peak Library District is excited to announce the call for submissions for All Pikes Peak Writes! All Pikes Peak Writes is PPLD’s annual fiction writing contest for ages 12+ and seeks to highlight writers in our community through one contest. This year’s contest will have three categories for Middle School and High School (ages 12-18), Young Adult (ages 19-24), and Adult (ages 25+). Please see the guidelines, rules for entry, and submission form for each category below.
Submissions will be accepted May 15, 2022, through 9 p.m. on July 15, 2022.
All Pikes Peak Writes is open to El Paso…
Spring Open Houses!
Drop by the makerspaces to create some fun spring crafts and explore what the spaces have to offer! Experiment with cardmaking, laser cutting, flowerpot painting, and other projects to give as a gift or keep for yourself. All ages welcome and all materials provided.
- When: Sat., April 30 at 1 - 4 p.m.
PPLD is excited to announce that patrons will be able to use a certain number of supplies for free when they visit a Library
makerspace. Whether you want to engrave a family photo on the laser cutter, 3D print a replacement part for your vacuum cleaner, or just learn how to use an embroidery machine, there will be materials available for you to use to test out your designs and explore the space.
In every session, you will have access to:
- $1 worth (20 grams) of 3D printing.*
- 1 piece of wood for the laser cutter (6”x12”).
- 5 buttons for the…
Looking for games to play while apart from friends or family? Check out these free digital games, multi-player video games, and role-playing game resources!
Digital board games
- Board Game Arena - Website with 175 board games that can be played in real time or as slowly as one move every other day if you can’t be online with other players at the same time. Some games must be started by a player with a paid account.
- Dominion Online - Play the original deckbuilding game in your browser, on your own or with up to 5 other…
Is math homework getting you down? Are finals freaking you out? Do you need to brush up before the ACT, SAT, or GED? Our experienced math tutors can help you improve your grades and take the stress out of math. Take advantage of math tutoring for all levels!
Check out our resource guide for Homework Help. There you will find,…