Guidelines for Authors
Colorado authors are welcome to submit a title to be considered for addition to the PPLD collection.
- Titles must be published recently, preferably within the last 12 months.
- PPLD is only able to add a small percentage of titles published each year to the collection due to space and budgetary constraints.
- Selection criteria listed in the collection development policy are carefully applied to ensure that the collection is as pertinent and responsive as possible.
- Items added to the collection are held to the same standards as the rest of our circulating collection. Materials may be removed due to regular collection maintenance, and books that don’t circulate regularly may be withdrawn.
- Due to staffing and time constraints, we are unable to meet with individual authors.
- PPLD provides eBooks for circulation through the vendor OverDrive. To make your title available through OverDrive, you can submit it through Smashwords/Draft2Digital. Follow this link for more information: https://www.smashwords.com/publishing
If your title has been reviewed in a national book review journal (Library Journal, Booklist, School Library Journal, Publisher’s Weekly), a state, city, or regional newspaper, or the book review site BookBrowse, please fill out the form below and do not send a copy of the title.
If you do not have reviews from the sources listed above, please fill out the form below and provide a review copy of your book for consideration. If the item is not added, we can return it to you at your preferred Pikes Peak Library location. The book can be sent to Collection Management, Pikes Peak Library District, P.O. Box 1579, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-1579. You can also ask staff at any PPLD library to direct the book to Collection Management.
Authors outside of Colorado and any publishers can mail promotional materials for a title to Collection Management, Pikes Peak Library District, P.O. Box 1579, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-1579.
For information on how to submit a book for review in one of the library review journals contact:
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
BookBrowse.com's submission form