The PowerPass is a just-for-students library card from PPLD, granting access to the Library’s digital resources like databases, eBooks, and song and movie downloads. Each PowerPass holder can also check out five physical items at a time from any of the 16 PPLD locations or Mobile Library Services. PowerPass can enhance your student’s learning both in and out of the classroom, as well as their at-home entertainment. Below, find recommendations to use your PowerPass, curated just for elementary school students!
- Find Trusted Homework Help Across Subjects: Get help with homework across more than 15 subjects using librarian-approved resources!
- Tools to Enhance Learning for Parents & Educators: Want to help your student get ahead? Find resources and kits for growing an avid reader, information on child development, and more in PPLD’s Parents & Educators Subject Guide.
- Help Foster a Love of Reading: The PPLD Kids reading guide has reading lists based on grade level, reading level, current popular titles, and more. Find the next great read that will help your student fall in love with reading all over again!
- Free Music, Movies, Comics, and More: The eLibrary at PPLD houses millions of items, including TumbleBooks which holds animated picture books and other eBooks just for kids! Plus, find award-winning movies and TV shows, the entire Sony Music catalog, comic books, and more. The options are endless!
- Watch Virtual Programs Just for Kids: Some of PPLD’s programs have gone virtual! Find YouTube videos featuring crafts, STEM projects, performances, storytimes, and more on the PPLDTV YouTube channel.
- Find Crafts You Can Do at Home!: Get ideas for crafts and design projects, writing prompts, coding projects, and more things you can create at home.