Stay busy and engaged over spring break with children's and teen's programs from PPLD!
- Chemistry Magic
For centuries chemistry has been the magical science! Come and experience the mysteries of color changing potions and other captivating concoctions with Marc from Cool Science! For ages 5–12.
- Sat., April 1, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at East Library
- Dog Quest
Join border collies Joey and Kira as they hunt for dragon eggs. Will they find one or will they become dragon food? Dog tricks abound in this frivolous medieval tale! For ages 0 – 12.
- Mon., March 27, 2 p.m. - Old Colorado City Library at the Westside Community Center
- Tue., March 28, 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. - Library 21c
- Thu., March 30, 10:30 a.m. - Manitou Springs Library, Manitou Arts Center
- Fri., March 31, 10:30 a.m. - Ruth Holley Library
- Funny Ferocious Dragons
Magic Dave attempts to train a group of fire-breathing, vicious dragons! But he's in for a shock because these dragons are more about having fun than being fierce in this hilarious adventure featuring magic, puppets and lots of silliness! For ages 0 – 10.
- Mon., March 20, 1 p.m. - Cheyenne Mountain Library
- Tue., March 28, 10:30 a.m. - Monument Library
- Fri., March 31, 10:30 a.m. - Rockrimmon Library
- Sat., April 1, 10:30 a.m. - Ute Pass Library
- Meet the Unicorns!
Come and visit the unicorns anytime between 10 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. for a peek into the magical realm of these beloved creatures. For ages 0 – 12.
- Tue., March 28, 10 a.m. to noon - Fountain Library
- Thu., March 30, 10 a.m. to noon - High Prairie Library
- Fri., March 31, 10 a.m. to noon - Penrose Library
- Zoomobile: Magical Animals
Meet some magical animal ambassadors from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Registration required. For ages 2 – 12.
- Mon., March 20, 10:30 a.m. - Calhan Library
- Zoomobile: Animal Mythbusters
Can porcupines shoot their quills? Do cockroaches serve any purpose? Learn the truth about some well-known animal myths. After these myths you’ll be seeing wildlife in a whole new way! No registration necessary. For ages 2 – 12.
- Sat., April 1, 2 p.m. - Sand Creek Library
We know there are all kinds of kids with all kinds of needs, so if your child might benefit from some sensory accommodations like fidget items or noise-reducing headphones while in the Library or at a program, ask at the Children’s Desk for our Sensory Accommodations Kit.