Have an adventure with Pikes Peak Library District this summer! Our 2023 Summer Adventure presented by Children’s Hospital Colorado program is here to help kids and teens stay engaged and active over the summer months. We know you’re looking for engaging and stimulating ideas, and we are here to help!
Click here or download the app
to get signed up!
Win prizes through reading, moving, and imagining! Either participate in one of our programs or use one of our activity ideas.
If your group has more than 10 children, please call the Library you plan to attend in advance of your visit or program participation.
- Red Cross Babysitters Training Class
- Laser Tag
- Life-Size Game Night: Intergenerational Edition
- Nailed It! Intergenerational Edition
- Coding Series: Music
- Pride Flag Painting
- Escape Room: Let’s Taco ‘bout Books!
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Learn to Crochet: Amigurumi Yeti/Sasquatch
- Learn to Sew: Drawstring Bags
- Read a book from one of our booklists.
- Get a personalized book recommendation from a Library staff member.
- Find a book using the book database NoveList Plus.
- Read a book highlighted on the PPLD Catalog home page.
- Read a book that someone on review crew reviewed.
- Read a genre new to you (science fiction, non-fiction, etc.).
- Read in a format new to you (graphic novels, audiobooks, Manga, etc).
- Read a book set outside of the U.S.
- Read a book set in the past.
- Read a book by or about a refugee or immigrant (like 2019’s APPR book, Nowhere Boy).
- Read a book about a person with disabilities.
- Read a book set in a fantasy world.
- Read a book your parents (or another adult you like) loved as a teen.
- Read a book about someone who is different than you.
- Check out a board game you’ve never played before and try it out! Find the list of board games you can check out from PPLD here.
- Enter the All Pikes Peak Reads contest!
- Create something with materials you found in or around your living space. What did you create?
- Try a new recipe, baking technique, or cooking technique! Find the perfect cookbook in our collection.
- Make a movie! Check out a book on writing screeplays. Then take a class or check out equipment at Studio 21c, plus edit your final project on our computers.
- Spend at least an hour making something (this could be anything: food, artwork, woodworking projects, a science experiment, etc.). Check out our Youtube channel for project ideas!
- Create something online! Use block coding to construct a game, start a blog on something you are passionate about, or make music.
- Talk to someone (in person or virtually) about their life story. You can use the StoryCorps App for help getting started or come up with your own questions.
- Do a Random Act of Kindness for someone else.
- Treat yourself to a self-care activity! Check out PPLD virtual self-care programs.
- Write letters to members of the military! Visit operationgratitude.com for more information.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Dance like nobody's watching! Learn a dance online or just dance around your home. Eight songs are equal to approximately 30 minutes of exercise. Use Freegal for free!
- Go for a run. Try to run for 30 minutes, but walk as much as you need to. By the end of the summer, you might be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping!
- Practice yoga. New to yoga? Check out the great courses: Yoga on Kanopy, which is free with your library card.
- Complete sports drills: work on your dribbling, serve, spike, spiral, or whatever pertains to you.
- Jump rope.
- Hula hoop.
- Try a new form of exercise or learn a sport that is new to you.
- Ride your bike.
- Go outside – hike or visit a park nearby.