Foundation Board of Directors - Updated May 2021
Thank You to Our Donors
Private gifts help make us successful. With private community support in 2014, concerned and generous individuals and businesses have been on the forefront of a movement that makes a real difference in the lives of our citizens. Contributions helped support:
- The match required for challenge grants toward facility improvements at East Library and Penrose Library
- Equipping the new maker spaces at Library 21c and East Library
- Summer Reading Program support for over 20,000 young readers and 5,000 teen readers
- Critically useful data bases like Lynda.com that offers thousands of on line videos on software, creative and business skills
- All Pikes Peak Reads programs offer community-wide discussions on the human condition inspired by the one-community read
- Drawing tablets for Ruth Holley Library to introduce “artistic and technological literacy” with Digital Drawing Classes
- A collaboration with the Littleton Immigrant Resources Center to install a Citizenship Corner at Ruth Holley Library
- 5 Finch robots with laptops for traveling STEM kits
- Meeting the needs of adult learners to complete their GED with one-on-one tutoring, materials, classroom space
- Equipping the new Educational Resource Center at East Library with after school learning experiences.
Few institutions are charged with serving people of all ages and walks of life with relevant and entertaining programs, community spaces, and materials as is your public library. We are a lifeline to technology, online resources for employment, and continuing education for everyone in the Pikes Peak Region. We invite you to join us and be a part of this movement and support that educational lifeline. Thank you very much for your generosity!