PPLD has FREE hotspots available for check out. Hotspots provide wireless service to patrons that normally do not have it. With a hotspot, you can connect to the Internet anywhere that Sprint has coverage. Hotspots have unlimited data. Click here to reserve a hotspot now. Hotspots are available to patrons ages 12 and over who have had a PPLD library card for at least 90 days. They check out for three weeks. Overdue fines $1 per day with $20 maximum ($50 if item is lost).
Getting started with the Hotspot:
- Push the power button on the hotspot.
- Go to the WiFi settings on your device and look for the network named PPLDHotspot. Select it.
- Put in the password “read1234”.
You should now be connected!
- You will be able to have multiple devices connected to the Hotspot at one time. The devices will not be able to “see” each other.
- The devices will be able to access data wherever there is TMobile/Sprint service.
There is no option for Roaming with the Hotspot.
- Accounts may be fined if a hardware factory reset is done on the hotspot.
- Data will be disconnected to hotspots that are overdue.