Pikes Peak Library District’s contributions to the community are expanded and enriched through collaboration and community partners for the broadest range of educational, cultural, social, and economic resources and programs. PPLD encourages strategic community partnerships with organizations with a common interest to work collaboratively together toward a common goal, as long as those partnerships support the Library’s mission and strategic goals, as well as meet the needs of the community.
Types of Partnerships
PPLD participates in various partnerships with outside organizations which may include programming, special event, and collaborative efforts.
When considering potential partnerships, PPLD is looking at the following criteria:
- Aligns with the Library’s mission and goals
- Provides or promotes community and/or library resources
- Increases the Library’s exposure in the community
- Builds community through engagement
- Meets a community need
- Relevance to community interests and issues
- Fosters creativity
- Mutually beneficial
- Operates within El Paso County
- Non-commercial in nature, and does not include the solicitation of products or services
- Available to all patrons regardless of age, race, religion, familial beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political affiliation
If interested in partnering with PPLD, please submit a completed Community Partnership Request Form to the Community Partnership Coordinator with any applicable supporting documents. Only organizations deemed appropriate and compatible with the mission, goals and policies of PPLD – and meet a set of criteria – will be considered for a potential partnership based on PPLD staff and resource availability. Please submit request for partnership in a reasonable amount of time prior to the proposed date range of partnership.
Community Partnership Coordinator
(719) 531-6333, x6448