District 11 PowerPass Fast Facts:
- The student has an e-card (i.e. not a physical card)
- The student card # is the first five letters of their last name (fewer if the last name has less than five letters) followed by the initials of their first and middle names (if they have a middle name) and then the last four number of their student ID (for example, John Jacob Jingleheimer student ID 12345678, their PowerPass ID would be JINGLJJ5678)
- Student PINs are the two-digit month and day of their birthdate (ex. 0731)
- Student cards have the profile of STUDENT
- Students are allowed to check out five items and have five holds at a time. However, Interlibrary Loans are not permitted on these accounts.
- Student accounts can access eLibrary and Research resources as well as PCs in the libraries.
- Student accounts are blocked at $10 which prevents further checkouts of physical materials.
- Students can use the self-checkouts’ on-screen keyboard to enter their account IDs and PINs. The onscreen keyboard now displays letters and numbers.
If a parent does not wish for their child to use PowerPass, they may opt out at the child's school. Contact Lori Weaver, Library Technology Facilitator, email@example.com.