If an item (other than print and a/v) you have checked out is not returned or renewed by midnight three days after its due date, you will begin to accrue fines. If your fines exceed $10, your card will be blocked and you will not be able use it.
List of Fines:
$1 per day (limit $20 per item)
$.25 per hour (limit $5 per item)
- Mobility scooter
- Game controllers
- Music CDs
If you've lost an item, follow these steps
- Do NOT purchase a replacement book, we do not accept them in lieu of payment. Most books we receive are pre-processed for the library with covers, labels, cataloging and any other processing completed. Books provided by patrons would not have this work done and would incur additional time and expense.
- Call the library at (719) 531-6333 to let us know the item has been lost. We will let you know the cost of the item and the bill will appear in your account.
- You can pay online with a credit card or in person at the library.
Things to know
- Most items that are 28 days overdue are automatically billed to your account as lost materials.
- If you find and return the item, the bill will be cancelled.
You can pay bills by cash, check, or credit card. By cash or check:
- In person at any library location
By credit card (fines exceeding $2.50 only):
- In person at certain library locations with card readers
- Online in the Bills portion of My Account. Click on the "Pay my bills" link and follow the instructions.