Practice reading aloud and improve fluency by sharing a story with one of our lovable Paws to Read therapy dogs. If your child might benefit from sensory accommodations such as fidgets or noise-reducing headphones, please request a Sensory Accommodations kit from the desk.
- Cheyenne Mountain Library - Wednesdays, 4 p.m.
- East Library - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 3:30 p.m., Saturdays, 10 a.m.
- Fountain Library - Mondays, 3 p.m.
- High Prairie Library - Tuesdays, 4 p.m.
- Library 21c - Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.
- Manitou Springs Library - Tuesdays, 3 p.m.
- Monument Library - Mondays, Wednesdays, 4 p.m.
- Old Colorado City Library - Tuesdays, 4 p.m.
- Penrose Library - Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.
- Rockrimmon Library - Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.
- Sand Creek Library - Fridays, 4 p.m.
- Ute Pass Library - 2nd Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.
Meet the Paws to Read Dogs!
- Human: Chris
- Fun Fact: Alice was named after Chef Alice Waters of Chez Panisse. All of the dogs in her litter were named for famous chefs.
- Location: Penrose Library - Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.
- Human: Carla
- Fun Fact: Indy likes to walk himself holding his own leash
- Location: Old Colorado City Library - Tuesdays, 4 p.m.
- Human: Julie
- Fun Fact: Roxy also works as a therapy dog at Manitou Springs Elementary School
- Location: Manitou Springs Library - Tuesdays, 3 p.m.