Kick off your New Year’s resolutions with the Library! Whether you want to save more money, learn a new language, get fit, enjoy more family time, or any other resolution for a new you in 2024, PPLD has you covered. To help you stick to your resolution, download the PPLD habit tracker and year-long calendar. They will help you get started on your new habits and track your progress. Use your library card to access PPLD resources and meet your goals head on!
Your library card is your ticket to saving money throughout the year. Here are a few ways you can start saving today!
- Get your library card for access to no-cost services and resources
- Ditch expensive subscriptions, stream TV shows and movies on Hoopla at no cost
- Skip costly recording studio fees by using PPLD’s studios for video and audio production
- Learn new skills at no cost by taking video courses on LinkedIn Learning
Enjoy More Family Time
Your family deserves to spend quality time together doing things everyone loves. Here are a few ways that the Library can support your bonding time!
- Connect by reading picture books together (or use eBook picture books on Tumblebooks)
- Settle in for family movie nights with movies downloaded from Kanopy
- Spark friendly family competition with board games, lawn games, and video games
- Come to PPLD programs and events for all ages each month
Building new health and fitness habits can be tough at first, but you’re not alone. Here are a few ideas to help you get started on your fitness goals!
- Get in touch with your body during PPLD’s yoga classes at Library 21C, Rockrimmon Library, and online
- Develop healthy eating habits with nutrition books
- Get in shape with dance and fitness videos on Hoopla and Kanopy
- Level up your workout with no-cost music streaming on Freegal
Learn a New Language
¡Hola! Hallo! Bonjour! Learning a new language is a great way to prepare for a trip, connect with friends and family, or keep your mind sharp. Here are a few resources at the Library to support your learning this year!
- Plan or join language meetups in PPLD’s meeting and study rooms
- Complete engaging lessons on the Mango Languages app
- Explore a variety of language learning books
- Learn cultural information through CultureGrams Online (requires a library card that starts with a 4 to access outside of Library locations)
Whatever your New Year’s resolutions involve this year, your Library is here to support your efforts. Learn more about what your library card can do for you!