Celebrate creativity with us for National Week of Making! From Mon., May 17 - Sun., May 23, we’ll be shining a light on ways to get involved with making in El Paso County. Share your creations with us with the hashtag #WeekofMaking2021. To read more about National Week of Making, visit Nation of Makers.
To kick off the week, we’ll be offering Watercolor Take and Makes at all Makerspace locations (Sand Creek Library, East Library, Library 21C, and Manitou Springs Library). Kits will include simple watercolor supplies and a written and video tutorial to get you started (available while supplies last).
While you’re there, check out our Makerspaces! We offer a wide range of tools and technology, from laser cutters to sewing machines to 3D printers to conversion machines. East Library and Sand Creek Library also offer a recording studio. You can take a tour, book time to use the space, and stop by our Creation Station to take a selfie!
Check out some of the resources below to learn more about what the library has to offer for makers!
- Learn more about the makerspaces, studios, and how to reserve equipment. (For ages 9+)
- Want to use the laser cutter? You can now take a virtual badging course. (For ages 9+.)
- We are now offering 3D printing through drop offs. (For ages 9+.)
- Looking for ways to make from home? Visit our curated resources. (For all ages.)
- Creative Services YouTube playlist. (For ages 9+.)
- Explore a new topic with Discovery Kits. (For all ages.)
- Looking for cool things to make at home? Check out our Teens Make and Teens STEM playlists for fun, easy projects. (For ages 12 - 18)