- Half a cardboard egg carton
- Scrap pieces of newspaper or other paper
- Tape: masking tape, or painter's tape, or scotch tape
- 7 rubber bands
- Plastic spoon
- Pompoms or cotton balls or mini marshmallows
- Various clean containers
- Stuff each section of the egg carton with balled up newspaper.
- Close the lid and secure with 2 rubber bands, placed around the body of the carton.
- Wrap 2 more rubber bands horizontally around the carton, just below where the lid closes.
- Tape a rubber band to the handle of the spoon by attaching a long piece of tape to one side of the handle and inserting a rubber band before attaching the tape to the back of the spoon.
- Tuck the handle of the spoon under the rubber bands that were attached horizontally around the carton. The scoop part of the spoon should be facing away from the egg carton.
- Stretch the rubber band that's attached to the spoon up and over the spoon and around the back of the carton.
- Wrap 2 more rubber bands around the body of the carton so there are 4 rubber bands around the carton helping to keep it closed.
- Place a cotton ball in the spoon and shoot!. Place clean containers where you can aim your cotton ball.
To watch the project, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4o4eC5E_Qs