Can your water balloons survive a big drop? Find out with this experiment.
Supplies and Directions:
- One balloon
- One plastic shopping bag
- One rubber band
- Add water to your balloon, don't fill the balloon, leave lots of room to tie the balloon closed.
- Cut the ends of the handles of the bags. Tie or rubber band them to the knotted end of a water balloon
- Go outside and drop it from a high place to see if it breaks when it lands.
- Test and retest until your balloon breaks.
- Try it again with another balloon.
- See what else you can attach to your parachute and let drop.