Shark Week begins July 24. Here's a preview into our cool shark game Take and Make, for ages 5-12, which will be available at area PPLD libraries beginning July 8, 2022.
Supplies and Directions:
Materials provided in Take and Make:
- Paper Tube
- Blue paper
- Googly Eye Stickers
Materials you provide:
- Tape blue construction paper around the paper roll.
- Create and tape a triangular fin to the top.
- Decorate the roll at one end to look like a shark with its mouth open. Use the sticker eyes if desired.
- Push one end of the yarn through the bead and tie a double knot. You may need to use a pencil to push the yarn through.
- Tie a double knot around the paper roll. Leave approximately 6-8 inches for the ball to swing on. Cut off any excess yarn.
- Gently swing the ball and see if you can catch it in the shark’s mouth! Gentle swings are the key!