TAKE AND MAKE: Tween Twist: Dragon Eggs
Pick up your Take and Make supplies at area PPLD libraries starting Friday, Oct. 9, 2020
- Styrofoam egg
- Box of thumbtacks
- Sharpie markers, nail polish, or rhinestones
Watch the “how to” video on PPLD TV https://youtu.be/YyPNAoIxy3w
- Start the dragon egg at the very bottom of the Styrofoam egg. You can glue this “starter” tack in for stability.
- Insert tacks into the egg so that they overlap the “starter” tack and each other. The tacks overlap like fish scales.
- Keep adding tacks, overlapping them as you move up the egg and cover it with tacks.
- You will put a final tack at the very top. You can also glue this tack to help it stay in.
- You can add glue to any tacks that feel loose or like they might fall out. Use a toothpick to push the glue in where it needs to go.
- If desired, you can use colored sharpies, nail polish, and/or rhinestones to further decorate your egg.