- Epsom salt
- Hot water
- Measuring cup
- Food coloring (optional)
- Bowl or cup for mixing
- Sand or small pebbles
- You will need equal parts salt and water, you can decide how much based on the size of your jar. Measure out the salt and add it to your jar.
- Measure out the same amount of water and add to your mixing bowl or cup. If you are adding food coloring, put a few drops in the water and mix with your spoon.
- Pour colored water into jar with salt.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a tiny bit of sand or a pebble or two for the crystals to grow on.
- Put your jar in the fridge or, to jump start the process, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes before moving it into the fridge over night.
- Pour out the solution to reveal your crystals!
Watch this project at: https://youtu.be/e-OZVxuchkU