- Cotton balls
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Large mixing bowl
- Food coloring
- Baking sheet
- Small bowls or cups
- Either cooking spray or tin foil
- An adult to help with the oven
- Mix 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of water in the large bowl.
- Get your baking sheet ready by spraying it with baking spray or covering it with tin foil.
- Divide the flour and water mixture into 4 to 6 small bowls or cups, depending on how many colors you want.
- Add 5 to 8 drops of food coloring to each cup and mix well. Remember that you can make different colors by mixing the food coloring; red and yellow make orange and blue and red make purple.
- Dip each cotton ball into a cup. Be sure to cover the whole cotton ball with the mixture – make it nice and thick.
- Set the coated cotton balls on your baking sheet.
- Let an adult help you with this part. Bake your cotton balls in a 300 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- After that, take the cotton balls out and let them cool completely – at least an hour. They should have a nice, hard, crunchy shell.
- Find a small hammer, a toy hammer, or even a rock. Take your cotton balls outside and - SMASH THEM WITH THE HAMMER! That’s right – smash away.
Use more cotton balls to make a baked sculpture. Use the same dipping method, but keep the sculpture in the over a little longer – about 55 minutes. You can make and smash a crunchy monster!
To watch this project visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvw4q6cr6xY&list=PLMEg2Dd0dSFctLfDQxsL5…