- Embroidery or regular thread
- Piece of cotton fabric or item made of cotton
- Sewing needle
- Sharpie or other dark marker
- Using a sharpie, mark dots on your fabric which will guide you as you sew your design.
- Thread your needle by pushing thread through the eye of the needle. Make a knot at the end of your piece of thread.
- Start on the wrong side of your fabric or on the inside of your item, and push the needle up through the fabric through your starting dot. Bring all the thread through, slowly, making sure the thread doesn't tangle.
- Go to the next dot in your design and push the needle down through that dot, bringing all the thread through again.
- Continue until your first design is complete. Finish your design by weaving your needle through the thread on the wrong side of the fabric several times, making a couple loops so the thread will be secure. Cut the thread.
- Re-thread for the next design or continue if you have enough thread on your needle.
- Enjoy your original design!
Watch this project at: https://youtu.be/5tX-0F2bAsA