- Animal toys
- Large paper
- Watercolors or crayons
- Set up toys and blocks in a sunny area outside, preferably on a hard surface.
- Put a large piece of paper next to the toys and position it so that the shadows of the toys can be seen on the paper.
- Trace the shadows with a thick, black marker.
- Try tracing several times throughout the day to track how the shadows change shape as the sun travels across the sky.
- Add watercolors or crayons to make your shadow art come to life!
- Two long strips of paper 1 - 2 1/2 inches wide
- Colorful paper
- A pencil
- Draw petal and leaf shapes on your colorful paper. You can create templates for your petal and leaf shapes by drawing on a thick paper, cutting out the shapes, and tracing it onto the colorful paper.
- Cut out flowers and leaves.
- Use glue and/or stapler to attach the long strips of paper.
- Glue on flowers leaves.
- Wrap your crown around your head to find the right length for you and then glue or staple it together.
- Your nature crown is now ready to wear!
Time Capsule Envelope
- An envelope
- Paper for writing or drawing
- Markers or colored pencils
- Decorate your envelope, write Summer Solstice 2020, and a include a future date when the envelope can be opened.
- Take some time to write about what today means to you. What are your hopes and dreams for the future?
- Take a walk and collect some nature treasures to include in your envelope, draw a picture, add in anything else you’d like!
- Put in a safe place to store until it can be opened again.
Watch these projects at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy4f4OV_KJ8&list=PLMEg2Dd0dSFctLfDQxsL5…