Birding is a great way to engage with nature safely, relieve anxiety, and otherwise slow down. Download your Birding 101 guide here!
- Do not disturb the birds’ habitats - you are an observer.
- Use appropriate gear! Binoculars, a field guide, and a notebook should suffice for beginners.
- For those with mobile devices, try the Audubon Bird Guide App for iPhones and Androids!
- Find a quiet spot to sit and observe. Your backyard can offer quite a selection!
- Try different times of day.
- Find other birders in the community!
CHECKOUT THESE LIBRARY MATERIALS FOR YOUR BIRDING ADVENTURES: