Last updated July 1, 2021 En español Thanks to the public’s investment and taxpayer support, we deliver access to information and opportunities that impact lives and build community across El Paso County. You can use the Library remotely, with many resources available 24/7!
- Check out our new virtual services! Our librarians are bringing their services to you, anywhere and anytime. Watch a virtual storytime with your kids, participate in a virtual book club, try a digital escape room, join us for a community movie discussion, do an at-home craft or experiment, and more. (Looking for something else to do? Bookmark the web page and check back often for new updates!)
- Ask a librarian! You can also ask one of our reference librarian questions by phone, live chat, and email.
- Download our mobile app to view your account, browse and download from our collection, and more. (Pro tip: There are also apps for Libby, OverDrive, Freegal, Kanopy, RBdigital, and more.)
- Stream and/or download from our digital collection! There are so many options – digital books, audiobooks, comics, magazines, music, and videos – that you can access from almost anywhere.
- Use our databases to conduct research for businesses, nonprofits, legal matters, and more. You also can learn a new language, plan your next adventure, and do genealogy research.
- Have kids or teens in your home? We have ample resources for children and teenagers, including homework help, reading, games, creating, planning for the future, and more. (Also, see above for new virtual services!)
- Dig into some regional history and genealogy. For example, our digital collection features historic photographs, pamphlets, manuscripts, maps, oral histories, films and more that highlight the rich history of the Pikes Peak area.
- Find a good book! Check out recommendations, reading lists, and more.
- Don’t have a library card? Get started and gain online access today.
That’s not all! Our Library staff also assembled and vetted a growing list of free online resources for all ages; no library card needed. Resources include live streaming, virtual tours, activities, and much more. Topics cover arts and culture, kids and teens, learning and reading for adults, professional support and development, and science and nature. Our team continues to explore and expand virtual opportunities that we can bring to you. Right now, we’re adding to our digital collection, as budget allows, and creating new virtual experiences that will launch in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned for more updates from PPLD. We’re here to serve you now and into the future.