Updated July 1, 2021 Enjoy our entertaining and educational programs from home! We offer a variety of virtual services and programs for people of ages and interests. Plus, you can use the Library remotely in other ways, anywhere and anytime, and connect with a librarian by phone, live chat, or email! Visit our virtual calendar of events for all scheduled programs and activities. Can’t participate live? No worries! Many of the videos are featured on our YouTube channel and playlists, so you can watch whenever it’s convenient for you. Here’s a handy overview of some virtual opportunities that our team created for you to experience:
- Live Virtual Programs From homeschool programs to tours of local institutions, PPLD has you covered.
- Take and Make Library Crafts Missing your Library's programs? Exhausted your home crafting ideas? PPLD has you covered! Presenting.. Take and Make programs! Your Library will now have crafts available to TAKE home and either follow a virtual class or included instructions to MAKE! Kits are available for all ages.
- Virtual Yoga Local instructor Svetlana Nudelman guides practitioners through beginner and intermediate-level yoga poses.
- Virtual Book Club
- Genealogy with PPLD Are you interested in learning more about how PPLD can support your genealogical research? Learn research strategies including getting started, organizing research, selecting and searching for records, and more!
Teens programs are available for viewing anytime on the PPLDTV YouTube Channel. Teens Make
Review Crew Anyone from 13 - 18 years old can write an original book review and get an hour of volunteer credit! Check out some past book reviews for examples. Those who are interested can apply here.
Videos are available for viewing anytime on the PPLDTV YouTube channel. Baby Time Children’s Staff from around the district invite babies from 0 - 12 months, with a favorite adult, to enjoy music, rhymes, and a book together! Children's Performers Performers can be viewed anytime on PPLDTV! Homeschool Programs Whether you've been homeschooling for years or are just getting started with eLearning, our homeschool programs are here to help! KidsMake Children’s staff from around the district lead an art or make project for kids ages 5 - 12. STEM Children’s staff from around the district lead a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) based project for kids ages 5 - 12. Storytime Children’s Staff from around the district invite you to join in a sing-along and then read a children’s book. Toddler Time Children’s Staff from around the district invite 1 and 2-year-old children, with a favorite adult, to enjoy rhymes, music and movement, and a few short books! Tween Twist
- LENA Start A 11-week program where parents learn how to increase conversational turns with their babies and toddlers.
- Prenatal Series Are you expecting and have so many questions? Join Pikes Peak Library District and Nurse Family Partnership for a series of prenatal classes.
- Storytime @ Home Our Family and Children's Services librarians are creating Storytime at Home materials for you and you family to enjoy. Every themed Storytime includes top literary picks with easy links to our online Catalog, music, crafting, and literacy tips.
- Stroll-a-Story and Math Strolls Walk together and enjoy the benefits of some physical activity.
- Reassuring Reads for Kids This always-available list presents reading options (available in electronic formats) that can provide comfort during tough times for kids and parents. The recommended books cover themes of encouragement, hope, and love while offering tools for emotional awareness and ways to deal with anxiety.
- Kid-Friendly Music Playlist Our staff selected and compiled more than four hours of children's music on Freegal, PPLD’s streaming service for songs, albums, and more. (Pro tip: Browse other playlists, or create your own!)
Don’t see anything that interests you right now? Bookmark this page for frequent updates, or visit our calendar of virtual events for new additions each week. Stay tuned for more updates from PPLD! Our team continues to explore and expand virtual opportunities that we can bring to you, wherever you may be.